|TO OFFER CREATIVE OPPORTUNITIES FOR BUILDING BETTER QUALITY LIVES Identifying what we are good at and enjoy in life.Developing our creative abilities to fill voids in our lives.|
|TO PROMOTE GENUINE CREATIVE TALENT OF THE UNSUNG Challenging the negative perceptions and stigma of certain issues within society.To promote the creative talents of people in local communities.|
BACKGROUND TO PROJECT
- This project has stemmed from my passion to turn a negative into a positive in my life. It is a long-term vision developed over many years. I am a firm believer in building strong foundations that will give a good chance of success. My approach is about crossing traditional boundaries; building and making links with existing, and new, partners respectively. This is an independent venture, and I envisage much of the work being done by just myself. I will be the one driving the process, however, any feedback and support will be very much appreciated.
HOW THIS PROJECT WILL WORK.
- Creative Social Networking: Linking up individuals who have creative talent or potential with other like-minded people, groups and organisations who need creative input and support.
- ‘Drop-in & Chill-Out’: Sessions for people to access where they can self-express and develop in a creative manner.
- Website: An online forum where individuals can create and build profiles which showcase their talents. This will enable others who need a creative input to make contact with people who have the required skills.
BENEFITS OF PROJECT
- This process should ultimately result in positive outcomes; giving individuals personal pride in what they are achieving, thus enabling them to be seen as valued members of society.
- Also, the hub will become an invaluable networking tool. Useful for people with creative skills and those who are in need of these skills. A short of ‘Yellow Pages’© for creativity.
- And Finally: “Here’s to the crazy ones. The misfits. The Rebels. The troublemakers. The round pegs in the square holes. The ones who see things differently. They’re not fond of rules. And they have no respect for the status quo. You can quote them, disagree with them, glorify or vilify them. About the only thing you can’t do is ignore them. Because they change things. They push the human race forward. And while some may see them as the crazy ones, we see genius. Because people who are crazy enough to think they can change the world are the ones who do.” Poem for Apple Corporation’s, ‘Think Different’ television advertising campaign, 1997